30 March 2011

Violin Pitch

Andrea has been attending suzuki violin for nearly 5 months now. I can see alot of improvement because she is able to play twinkle variation with the correct pitch on the violin. However, the violin that she is having now does not give the perfect pitch that i want. 

When 1st started, no one tells me about good violin because, the centre just throw me a china mass produce violin that cost close to RM300. I thought it was a decent one because it's not that cheap afterall. I did not google about quality of violin as well because no one tells me that quality is important for a beginner. The teacher too did not emphasize on good violin, more over my friend (suzuki piano teacher) told me that suzuki violin kids do not use real violin when 1st started. So I did not care much about the quality/ pitch until recently. 

Tweedle wink use tuning fork to train the kid's perfect pitch (i know it cos ben attended TW for 6 months), I felt something was not right when the teacher did not comment on andrea's violin and always he just 'simply' tune for her, and i still feel it's out of tune. Last week i confronted the teacher, he then told me he emphasize 80% on the sound and told me he will get me another violin from elsewhere. WHAT?! If i did not comment then he will just leave his student like that?! 

Andrea has been practicing, and if you read my previous post about suzuki violin, she gets demotivated a few times, I guess she too cannot get the pitch that she wanted by pressing on the string, hence she got frustrated. Kids are born with perfect pitch, if not it can be trained. Kids are so sensitive with sound, how can the violin teacher not emphasize on perfect pitch produce by the violin?! GOSH!! It might be hard, but music centre - you shall sell some good quality violin too, give me a choice. Andrea practices yesterday night again (without me asking her), you can see that she is now on intermediate level, the way she play - she is feeling it with her bow. It's amazing, she is into the songs that she is playing. GOD, pls give andrea a good violin. Guide me. Thanks you. 

No comments: