17 April 2011

KLPAC: Tribute to Disney by ICOM

We were very fortunate to be invited to attend a music tribute to Disney by ICOM. I have been wanting to bring andrea to MPO ever since she started violin - however MPO only accept children from age 8 and above. I've noticed I'm lack of exposure to performance done by other people when i was young, i lost the interest to continue learning piano as my interest is not to complete grade 8 or more. I stop at the stage where i can read and play my favorite song - grade 7. Many ask why not complete it? Well, i see no point getting up to grade 8 where i already can play the songs i wanted.      

For andrea, i want her to see the other side of music - to enjoy playing, to enjoy performing, to express her feelings and be creative. When i practice with her at home, i ensure these criteria are met and want to expose her how others enjoy playing, performing and is creative. I cannot express enough gratitude to my mum who took care of ben, eva who invited me to this lovely performance and hubby who enjoys the show as well, that evening really make me a happy bunny. Andrea too loves the show so much, she didn't want to leave early - we had too because it's getting late to pick up ben and for my mum to rest for the day. Daddy promise andrea that we will have another show like this in the future, poor girl cried for a while and finally came to compromise - andrea wanted to wait for ben to grow a little older and 4 of us can go together next time. How Sweet :) 

Here's andrea's favorite part: under the sea. 

No comments: