18 October 2010

Wean Off Breastfeeding

Benjamin has stop suckle from my breast for 1 week now, the wean off is really smooth and he did not fuss. Andrea wean off at 8-9 months old, it was smooth as well because she doesn't know how to ask yet but to stop the breast from engorge is terrible. I took 1-2 months for the milk to stop completely. This time it was different because i was too lazy to wake up at night, i let ben suckle only at night for about 1-2 months, just a few weeks ago, i found out that my milk supply has drop dramatically, so i kick myself in the butt - to make milk at mid night. Currently ben's pattern is to have one mid night milk at 2-3am.

Ben is close to 1 year old now, I'm very lucky that he does not fuss about wanting to suckle, only in the car he will pull up my shirt, i said : "no more milk". He then suck my belly! I laugh and laugh until he stops, this happen about 5 times i think, then he stop sucking my belly :) I'm now free from pumping and wearing breast pad ... i can wear nice skirt now without thinking how to take out to feed ben in the car

No comments: