16 October 2010

Start Reading

To make sure that andrea reads, i cover the picture on the left. hehe, she really does have a good memory and very powerful because she can memorize a few books - cover to end. I start her with Peter and Jane book 1a, long time ago but just now she told me that she wants to read to me. 

Overall was good because she can read 80% of it and those that she can't she will use her letterland phonics to read the 1st letter of the word, then she can roughly guess the word as she already memorized the book. I'm so grateful that i found a school that teaches letterland, it definitely help alot in her reading and recognizing and writing the alphabets. 

Besides, Andrea helps to take care of ben more now, she would give ben hug when he is crying and attempt to talk and play with ben when ben is fussing. However, as usual both still scream at each other occasionally. I'm teaching her to feel love as well, because sometimes she would act like a teacher or adult, telling ben not to do this or telling ben "i will put you on the thinking chair". I told her this is not love, you should talk to ben like you talk to your favorite bunny - i ask her if she is happy when talking to bunny, she said YES. I said do you feel happy when you talk like that to ben? She said no, because i'm not happy with ben. I said LOVE, love your brother like your bunny! hahaha.. i hope she gets what i mean. 


3year 3months 3weeks 4days old

No comments: