23 October 2010

Bird Nest

Our recent trip to kuching was very short, hence i never ask my mum about bird nest she usually bought. The bird nest shop is just opposite our hotel, hubby's friends said they have surveyed and it's the cheapest among all other shop, so i just pop in and see. Unfortunately, my parents were in Taiwan that time, so i could not reach her, hence this is the first time i buy bird nest without any guide. Luckily hubby was there to comment and help out. 

Hubby's friend bought those pre-pack boxes, so i thought i shall buy those too. When i take a closer look, this's not what mum has. I was in dilemma, i call upon hubby, then hubby said your mum buy loose one not like that in a box. So the owner took the loose one for me to see, same like the box but more expensive. I ask WHY. She said the box one is processed bird nest. Then i tell her, the colour that my mum has is not like that, then she said what colour, i said not so white one. Then she took out a box of yellow bird nest and tell me this is customer's one, let you take a look - VIOLA! this is what mum has been cooking. Luckily i was observant last time when mum soaking the bird nest! 

So we bought 2 types (cave bird nest):
1. White - RM 320 per gram (cook 2-3 hrs)
2  Yellow - RM 478 per gram (cook 5-6 hrs)
Their bird nest is very clean, however after soaking still can see abit dust, but overall consider clean. The owner gave me her number and told me she send to KL too. I don't know if the price is really cheap. 

1 comment:

Esther aka KIKI said...

eh, can u remember whta's the name of the shop? i've been eating birdnest from kuching too, price is almost the same, they'll courier it to KL after I placed order...just like what you said.