05 October 2010

P for Picnic

Andrea's memory is getting better, today she surprised me by telling me that she needs to bring food to school for picnic. I totally forgotten about it despite the teacher has given me a small note last Thursday, asked the parents to bring food that starts with the letter P, as they are learning letter P now and will have a Picnic today. Phew.. i quickly spread the Peanut Butter bread and cut a small expensive plum as i do not have any "P" food at home anymore. Guess what she told me when she is back from school. "mummy, no one wants to eat my Peanut Butter bread". I asked her about the plum, she said she did not eat it and her friends do not like it. My God ... I'm so embarrassed! I eat the bread myself!

I'm abit worried now because andrea's memory seems to get better each day, all the scolding and screaming might have already implant in her heart. My little girl have now started to appreciate maths, she likes to listen to the CD i bought 1 year ago, the addition song from shichida. I know she is getting better because she can sing addition 1 & 2 on her own! Besides she also start reading the Peter and Jane book 1a & 1b herself. Reading words this time. One time she gave me a shock by reading the school story book, whole book - WHERE WILL YOU SLEEP TONIGHT? I thought she can really read words! hubby said :"no lah, she see the picture and memorize it" Then i test her, erm.. she really memorize it! hahaa, she haven't done that for a long long time, when old maid is still here, she can memorize all my phonics books and read it to me page by page, i don't know how she did it, but her memory is superb! I'm guilty because i do not have such leisure time for her anymore.

Andrea is a big helper to me now, she is so independent that she knows how to wash her own hands with soap, change herself and put the dirty clothes in the basket, clean up ben's mess while eating, go to sleep on her own, wear her own shoe, eat her meals on her own and play with her brother. I'm so Happy that andrea is there for me always, when i need her. I need to kick myself in the butt, I have to spend more time with andrea, I have to cut down all my unnecessary activity!

No comments: