07 June 2011

Instruction Tone

I've noticed andrea for a while now, when she talks to the maid, she will have unfriendly and dictation tone. Yesterday she ask the maid to get her water, the maid get her warm water and she said why gave her warm water, she wants it cold. Andrea will scold the maid when the maid give her things that's not what she wants. I couldn't take it any longer, I told andrea you cannot talk like that to the maid, it's so rude, tell me who acts like that. I know the answer will me "mummy", however i wait for her to tell me. She smiles at me and point at my nose "YOU!". hahaha... OK, I then told her that - I know I've been rude last time but that is not the way we should talk to other people, I say sorry to you, can you forgive me? She said yes. Then I told her to apologize to the maid and she did. 

All these happen because the maid need more time to adjust and I expect instant pickup from her. Even until today she still do little things wrong or I feel she did not use her common sense. For whatever reason, I've stop picking on her for 2 months now. I'm so surprised for the 1st 4 months, andrea has pickup all my bad attitude towards the maid and she is now acting it out. I regret, I hope andrea will talk nicely to the maid from now on, I have full awareness when talking to the maid now. I still pray that I can have a good maid that will do everything to my expectation. This one is still lacking passion in her work as a housemaid.

No comments: