17 July 2011

SV - 17Jul11

Violin class has become a bit stressful for me. Dr. Ng doesn't have a systematic teaching approach and I feel he has lost half of the interest in our group teaching because many student has left and he did not keep a record of where he has stop for the previous lesson. 

Victor, andrea's violin mate has a sister, he played very well and is always ahead of the class. He is now 4 songs ahead of andrea, because Dr. Ng never keep track of where he has left, he has followed victor's space. Weekly i have to rush to teach andrea memorize the song before playing, this happens for more than a month now, I want to put a stop to it. I just recently watch a video on youtube - twinkle variation is to teach children rhythm. all the songs has it's purpose and something to teach the children. "o come little children" to teach children up bow to start the song. All these Dr.Ng never emphasize and all i feel is rushing for new songs, which i felt very disappointed. 

I was very grateful that Dr.Ng has was andrea's 1st violin teacher. He is very interactive and always praise the children which gave them alot of motivation & confidence in playing violin. He is very experienced. I just hope things will turn out better. I've decided to end the group class. I will teach andrea myself for now, until she can read the notes and get all the learnt technique correct, we may join back Dr. Ng next time if there is still affinity :)

No comments: