21 May 2011

Wedding Dinner

We had a wedding dinner today at Sunway Hotel, A-levels friend. Sometimes, I would think, which circle I want to belong, since young I never felt I'm belong to any - cos I can never fit in. I'm very unique because i mix with all levels of people - Rich, Poor and Average background. Hence, until today, I'm still not belong to any, I guess I will continue to be like that until I pass on, as I can see - this is the only way I learn from many aspect of life.

My A-levels gangs are all professional freaks. 50% of them are doctors, the bride is a dentist, on the table 2 are lawyers and others like myself engineering or biotechnology folks. Doctors and Lawyers have difference during their wedding? Yes .. they gave speech on their wedding dinner, for the weddings i'm been. My secondary, uni friends & colleague? No speech so far. There is definitely difference with different circle of people, I hope my kids would be in the circle of great self confidence, responsible and able to express their joy with people. Speech is not very important lah, but by giving a speech, you take charge of the wedding ground, you speak for yourself because it's your day - even a celebrity have to speak a few words. Many weddings I'm been, they only go up the stage to cut the cakes and toasting without saying anything. I don't know what's lacking but this is the thing I want to teach my kids - owning your event and expressing your joy thru words. My speech is a short one, hubby's one was longer than mine. This friend of mine is the longest. I admire :) 

No comments: