27 May 2011

Progress Report

Andrea's first term progress report today. All of her teacher were on the table - waiting to give their comment. Malay teacher was very eager to start because she said she is very proud of andrea. Andrea is the only 4 yr old student that can converse Malay in full sentence to her - however andrea is still confuse between saya and awak. I can see the enthusiasm in cikgu mazlin eyes for teaching andrea, I'm sad that andrea will not be learning BM with her when she goes to kingsley next year. Teacher also mentioned that andrea show anger/ disappointment in her because she rub away andrea's star fish - cos andrea didn't follow certain rules for answering question. However, cikgu mazlin talk her out and after that andrea is more open during her class. All teacher says that andrea is very good as she is ready to listen and understand reasoning. 

Chinese teacher show me all the basic chinese writing book andrea did. Not bad. Teacher pei yee said andrea has alot of improvement as her chinese sentence is perfect, no english in between. All of the teacher also says that andrea is very helpful in school. English & maths teacher show me her art work - all colourful stuff. Grandma has taught her to colour - say apple - in rainbow colour. Hence, for all her school work, you can see rainbow colour everywhere. hahaha... Teacher Ang said andrea is very cheerful & happy (looking at the rainbow colour) and is very creative too. All the teacher also mentioned that andrea can recall what the pass lesson has taught, which amaze them - talking about this, andrea has powerful memory since young - which I've noticed when she was 18months old.

I've also told the teachers about andrea's violin experience. When andrea see other kids play better than her, she will refuse to play on stage that day. Andrea has strong will to win all the time, hence I hope teacher can help me to tone down her strong will for wanting to win all the time. At home, I've tried talking to her, but I do hope other people can give me a hand as well. Life is not about winning girl, enjoy what you want to do, feel happy for yourself not by how people judge you.

another note by teachers - Andrea loves to relate things happening at home. What mummy says, daddy, brother does. Look how important family is to a child? I really want to give them a peaceful and happy family, however sometimes it's not one person can contribute this, as a family consist of father & mother. How to achieve 100% harmony environment to my children? Can I not raise my voice or argue for 1 quarter?

No comments: