11 August 2011

What's the direction

I have started chanting 1st, where I felt the broadband connection. I have then moved to reiki healing because of physical pain. I was struggling to find out what are their connection "chanting & meditation". I came to a conclusion that, chanting is to train our focus, where you have achieved this then you move to meditation where healing could take place. Hence, to me, meditation is the ultimate thing I want to do for healing the mind, body and spirit. Then again, I come back to square 1 .....
(1) Shall I continue chanting nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo?
(2) When doing reiki, shall I call upon shoten zenjin for protection? Will there be a clashed?
(3) Which one is more effective? Chanting or Meditation ... cos I felt faster connection in chanting (like switching on a switch), meditation needs time for the heat/ vibration to build up.
I hope someone could share their experience with me

I read more on:
(1) Going back to SGI teaching, Meaning of Nam Myo Ho Ren Ge Kyo - It is not easy to give a short answer to this question that includes all the aspects of Nam-myoho-renge-kyo. Here are two answers. It is the title and the heart of the Lotus Sutra, and it is the Law that explains the workings of life.
(2) Meaning of Meditation & chanting - After reading this article. I guess Chanting is more practical.
His Holiness Dr. Jayant Athavale: Out of the spiritual practices of meditation and chanting, which is superior?
Baba: Chanting is superior
(3) Struggling to find out who is the ascended master for SGI teaching. I need to call upon someone, hence I read about shoten zenjin - SGI Protective God - here 

Conclusion: I shall chant then meditate. Am i on the right path? 
Read - As well as praying, our attitude towards ichinen, or determination, is important

No comments: