01 August 2011

Suzuki Method - Foreword

I have read this suzuki book a few times, however it does not stuck into my head. Right now, I'm reading it once again. After failing to make andrea the best student (compared to victor), screaming and scolding andrea, putting all the blame on the teacher, I've finally woke up and draw up my schedule to practice and learn more about suzuki method thru the internet. This is what I want to share with all the mothers: 

"I have come to know without a doubt that ability is not inborn. Please raise your child to be a fine human being. Heart and ability depend entirely on the manner of nurturing. Everyone knows how important it is to cultivate seedlings with care, yet some parents are inattentive and indifferent to their children's development. Without exerting any effort, they resign themselves to the thought that, "my child was born this way". I hope you will not repeat this lamentable mistake from past eras of human civilization". - Dr. Shinichi Suzuki

"Every child is a wonderful creature, a precious being. Please give your child the opportunity to be nurtured, and please explore the best ways to nurture him. Please do not fail to nurture your child. It is a mistake to think that your child's future is only a matter of heredity or inborn qualities. In response to the skill and ingenuity of the nurturer, any child can be fostered to achieve a high level of ability." - Dr. Shinichi Suzuki

I've nothing more to say. Back to the shichida principle. How can i forgot. I will re-visit this entry again when I feel like scolding andrea. Thanks Dr. Shinichi Suzuki. Human always need gentle reminder!

No comments: