11 December 2010

Gap Casting Call

I've got the text from kim few weeks ago and never thought of wanting to let andrea go for casting. After saw the Gap Casting Call on facebook, all the little kids are so adorable and i gave it a second thought. Maybe i shall let andrea to have an experience since she loves to go on stage so much. 

We arrived at about 11.30am and it has a long long queue, we quickly bought present for my nephew and andrea's outfit and gotten number 61 for shooting. After register we quickly had our lunch at vietnam kitchen and our turn is at around 12.45pm. Phew... it was hard work because i have no idea how to get andrea in the mood and i'm afraid that she will break down crying last minute, as she always does. 

I bring her to see how other kids pose for the camera, I talk to her - ask her to imagine she loves to pose for the camera, imagine that she enjoy being taken photo by professional and imagine that she is very confident when standing on the red box. Before going in, i ask her: "OK?". She happily says OK and bounce a few times, so i thought she's OK and is all ready. When her name is called, she cling on to me tightly, i have to carry her as she refuse to walk. I put her on the red box and whisper in her ears :" just enjoy yourself, do what ever the camera men ask you to do." Andrea's face turn red, watery eyes, but did not burst out crying, then i heard daddy's voice, "I will show teacher natalie OK?" Then andrea gave a little smile and the shooting starts. Half way she started to dream! "Oh My God, NOT NOW" .. I was thinking to myself. I snap my fingers and call for andrea - Concentrate! Concentrate! How can she dream when spot light is on her and camera is clicking away?! GOSH! Eating God Problem! 

Camera men choose this, as the others was blank look because she was dreaming. On the way home i ask her if she likes being shoot and under the spotlight. She said yes. Then i ask her why she didn't give me the sweetest smile just now? She told me she did not enjoy herself enough. Andrea ask me to bring her again next time and she will enjoy herself very much and look very sweet next time. She was holding her photo all the way home and keep on looking at herself in the photo. I think this is a nice experience for andrea and i know she really likes it, I need to help her to overcome the fear, i guess a few more times she will enjoy it, just like being on the stage! 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

wow!! That is very nice!! didnt know you all make it there... good to try out...one day she will be a super star:)