06 September 2011

being eldest

I'm truly grateful that I have andrea as the eldest child. I admit that many times, i would ask her to give in to her little brother and also take her for granted. andrea is a very independent child, she seek attention like all other kids but in a moderate way and would just go away if she doesn't gets it. Andrea is very persistent in things that she wants, She would try all the ways to get what she wants and is very good in reasoning until I almost always give her what she wants. Her passion for violin never dies, even I threaten and discourage her many many times, she still insist to continue violin (although is very lazy to practice) - andrea is willing to learn and I always see the sparkle in her eyes when dr.ng's teaching her. Andrea loves encouragement and praise, she will do extra miles for violin or any homework given, she learn very fast and alot when she is feeling Happy and Contented. 

Andrea loves her little brother alot, at times they would fight and hurt each other. Most of the time she will tell me she has treated her brother very well today. Andrea knows I'm upset when benjamin is crying, from this I learn to punish benjamin in front of andrea when the boy gets too fighty and unreasonable. Andrea would share her favorite food with ben and me, even that is the last piece - benjamin on the other hand would say "NO!" then wallop the whole piece. Andrea help me to wear shoes for ben and also keeping the toys and stationary away for ben. I remember being the eldest in the family is always about giving, and at one point I would feel the world is so unfair, then I would tell myself - WHY SHOULD I tolerate. I learnt that lesson myself in my own family, I hope I will not let andrea feel the same way that I felt when I was young. Caring with the love of the heart instead of responsibility will solve this problem - i think ......

No comments: