21 July 2010

Opportunity Knock on the Door?

It's frustrating when you know someone is interested to know more about you and may (50% chance) hire you BUT you have limitation, that is I have a FAMILY to take care. I'm not a mother that after giving birth then to leave them to other people, unless i know that care taker is responsible and will not torture my kids. Right now, i have maid issues, mum issues, i left with no one but myself to take care. The maid that have already confirm don't know when she will be arriving also .... Is this a really opportunity or it is another test to test my patient so that i could be a better person next time? So i will not easily lure by other people or all the opportunity that comes my way, i must remain calm and know what is the best decision for the best timing! BUT ... MY HUBBY does not have so much money to give me :( I'm doomed!

(a) Hua Wei headhunt me in April 2010, not successful because it requires frequent traveling to china
(b) Shell HR called me in July 2010, not successful because the manager cannot wait till November for me to start work. I do not want to forgo my precious 6 months holiday for this! Do you know how hard to get this unpaid leave & definitely i haven't rest enough. Moreover, if i start work in Sept, I will not have another chance of unpaid leave in my life ever again! I have not heard of any company that can have unpaid leave ... not even shell (the manager told me!)

All these sick opportunity - can you please go away .... It bothers me for a long time and keep bothering me, i cannot get my mind off it. I wish for a good career and with better income, I also wish that my children can be taken care by someone that can be trusted. Too much wish, i think children comes 1st .. If one day i die, i must not regret of choosing this path (i know i will regret and start blaming people when things don't come my way). You can either choose A or B! B that is - YOUR CHILDREN!

1 comment:

lyncpf513 said...

Lynn, you are a capable person.. may it be when you are a employee or a mum.. The sacrifies that you do now is definitely worth it. Staying home is just temporarily. I am sure God will make up for the "losses" u made when u stay home(forgoing the $$$ and career opportunity)...

Just Shut your mind to other opp first.. focus on what you are doing right now... being a mom.... full time... enjoy seeing ur 3yo pretty Andrea.... and be there for Ben's "first"..... Once the 6mths is up... back to being ur career woman plus super MOM!! OK!! I know it's not easy.. but I am sure YOU CAN DO IT!!! WOMAN ARE EXTRAORDINARY!! U TOO!!