08 July 2010

HFMD Back2Back

Ben shows sign of HFMD last Tuesday, today is his third day, luckily he was OK for all his meals. Ben has more blisters on the hands and legs (knees too) compared to andrea, however i cannot see any red dots in his mouth. Andrea had one big patch near the tonsil & a few around the mouth, for ben i only manage to peep the upper part of the mouth + tonsil area. It was clean, i guess not much in his mouth. Im very thankful for that, at least he drinks & eat his porridge/ fruits/ cereal.

I bathe Ben three times a day, as advised by my PD. He asked us to bathe andrea more, drink more fluid & rest more. This is what i did for ben for the past 3 days, i hope he will recover soon. I really need a rest.... I don't know if i have virus myself, i had headache for the past 2 days. Everyday i pray that my kids are healthy & obedient, I still need somemore time to really sink into this daily routine. The hardest part is to find time to read/ play with andrea & also teaching ben. I don't know how .....

After 1 month of cooking for ben & andrea, i feel more relax as i do not need to REALLY crack my head & stressed over what to cook for them. The ingredients are the same every week, all i need is to mix & match. Here is what i read from a cook book for children - at least 3 times meat (chicken/ pork) & 2 times fish in a week. I followed that, the rest all vege - pumpkin, broccoli, carrots, potato, corn, peas, baby spinach, cauliflower. Most of the time i steam ben's meal, if ben & andrea eating the same, i will use my Toshiba cooker. Life is so much easier with the cooker, hand blender & steamer. They are my life savior, i cannot imagine that i have to turn on the gas every time i cook!

1 comment:

MeRy said...

Hope Ben will be fine...
U tkcare too !!