12 October 2008

Shichida - Oct 12, 2008

My experience on the 1st day wasn't impressive. for such expensive course i would expect a more experienced teacher & a well accepted environment for brain development.

My Sensei was a Malay ( i didn't even ask for her name & she did not introduce herself either), she does not pronounce English words very clearly (do not mention about other languages that she use in class, i would suspect it to be worst). The sensei had turn on the music too loudly that i felt there is a clash on her voice and the background music. The room is too hot that i have to ask her to switch on the fan.

I have told myself to stay positive, never mind the sensei and lets focus on the material they have used. Mostly flash cards & songs & some craft. I think they are useful, but i couldn't be doing it all together at once. I have found their pace is quite fast, i would need to adjust myself to the high speed training so that i could get in line with sensei. Andrea was cranky towards the end of 15 mins, i guess she was sleepy and hungry or it was too fast & have bored her? I have no idea...

I have yet to find out the structure of the course, as in what are the development area for the kids & will work towards each of that area. I guess we will find our more in the PEC (parent education course) course later in the evening today.

No comments: