17 September 2012

Music Camp

Thankful for all that had happened, I'm embracing all that is unfolding and enjoy every moment of it. I've join this camp organized by Malaysia Suzuki Association on the 16-17 sept. It was told by ms antonella, when I went to the website it's already last day of registration. Thank God there is a space for andrea and I. No regrets, andrea totally enjoy herself and for me, as usual being reminded of good parenting.

1. Andrea seems to be very happy from the inside, look at me & gave me the cheeky smile half way thru the class (many times), making friends on her own, repeating what ms jennifer told her to do when go home. Thanks to hubby taking care of ben and the house where me and andrea could have this experience. 

2. It's really sad that I couldn't meet teachers like the americans. andy was good, but ms jennifer was even better. I could see in andrea's eyes, she needs teacher like this to learn effectively. Oh well, maybe universe is asking me to transform into that instead of Looking Outside

You KNow what!!! the organizer has a music studio at kota kemuning!! It's all timing!! On the last day of concert, we went home early because hubby and I thought what concert by inviting miss universe to sing for us. We left. organizer called me say wanted to pass me the certificate of attendance, i then ask to pick it up from him, he gave me his studio address. We went and fall in love with the place and most importantly knowing that he is multitalented and very humble!! I 'scolded' him by not telling me earlier as I've asked if he knows any studio in kota kemuning having suzuki method. He humbly reply and said he;'s doing this not for money. Great! Next year camp would be in Penang! We definitely going :) 

I've enroll benjamin to suzuki violin, next wednesday 1st class. Lol .. i told him my boy can clap twinkle variation A. He was like WOW .. haha, i said hope you won't vomit blood. We will see how and I really hope music can bring benjamin's harsh temper to a moderate one. As for andrea, I need to fix her posture 1st ... oh GOD please guide me. Nothing is impossible, just like meeting this organizer (i thought he is just an admin) to knowing he owns a studio and does all event management and charity work. Wow ... you know .. life is full of surprises and miracle. Nothing is impossible on earth! 

Stories transform a person state of well being, well at least for me. I received many stories from ms. antonella, she gave the suzuki parenting talk for the past 2 days. What really 'hits' me are as follows:

1. I asked a question of when is the child emotionally stable
I told ms antonella that I handle andrea the japanese method way where shichida method and suzuki has alot of similarity. I told her the parent-child involvement has brought me to a problem where andrea do it to impress me, because i may have encourage or praised her too much. For daily maths practice, if I sit beside her she would do very fast (i time her) and all correct, if I left her doing it alone it would have mistake. For violin if I walk to the kitchen I would hear out of tune, if sitting beside her she would play on perfect tune. I ask her, if she see this is a lack in the japanese method. She told me the american studies said that this is perfectly fine because children will be independent on their own, not when the mother thought she should be. The theory just like, when the child do not suckle the mother's breast, the oral satisfaction = zero, this child would have high chance of being a smoker or drinker. If the child is being pushed away since young, no attention - these children will grow up to me attention seeker or other behavioral problem. She asked me not to worry because all these are medical phycology researched and we are perfectly on the right path. I also asked ms. jennifer, if andrea is 'ready' for violin class as teachers and myself has to correct her every class and she still do not get it (her posture). ms jennifer said, she is only 5 years old, all 5 year old kid are like that. We need to be creative when teaching or practicing with them. 5 year old kid is normal to behave like that. Continue doing what you are doing. Aww ... what helpful advise I get from this camp. 

2. strong willed child.
dr. suzuki told the troubled child (where all teachers refuse to take him in) parents, congratulation! You have a strong willed child. You need to work twice as hard of the ordinary parents because your child will achieve far more than an ordinary child. The strong will character will bring him very very far, please support this child and help him to get there. Of course dr suzuki took this child as his student. I was sadden, I am seriously strong willed but my parents who are still searching themselves when I was born, they suppress me, I may seems strong will on the outside, but I'm actually afraid of doing anything because I was not supported of doing things I wanted to when young, because I always seems to be rude/ rebellious to my parents and teacher when I was younger. I guess my life is to learn this at my thirties, you know what I have a son which is exactly like me. old soul. I hope with the knowledge I have i can bring him further than I have come :) 

all in all, my prayers answered. I got the art class for both my kids. Genioart at kota kemuning. I got suzuki violin class for benjamin at kota kemuning. I need to set new objective and also things I want. Thanks all angels and gods for supporting me, and the fast manifestation for less than 6 months. Maybe I need to set something more tangible like having my 3 mil as soon as possible. haha ... bless be! 

1 comment:

Jinjin said...

Hi Lynn,

I stumbled on your blog and was taken by it. I have also read of the Suzuki method and was wondering how and where I could find one in KL.

;) so glad to have found you! It seems your post were able to direct me to it!

All that's left is to find a teacher n prob start my boy on it. My son is 9 mths younger than ur Ben. Hehe contemplating whether to go for violin or piano.

May seek your opinion soon. Coincidentally, we seem to hv some things in common. Shichida, GD n TW.

Perhaps, we can share more in the future. Do drop me an email, although m not a very good pen pal but can b a start :p

My name is Jin Jin n u can drop me a line at jinjinlee30@mail.com