03 November 2009

Ben has jaundice

Ben admitted to hospital today, i feel so sad to see my baby being left alone in the hospital. I fed him before i leave & he was not asleep when i was about to leave. He's home for a week and was not used to be 'blinded' by the nurse before putting under the UV light. Why babies have jaundice? Sigh... I felt so heart broken to be apart with ben.

Hubby just called, he said ben was OK to be 'blinded' when hubby sent the milk just now. We will be going to visit ben today at 8pm & feed him. I hope he will be alright by tomorrow, cos doc said that 2 days ben has to stay, hopefully the results will be lower than 10 tomorrow & we can all go home together. Fingers crossed.

Ben's jaundice blood test showed 14.1 this morning & weight 2.9kg. Good weight gain doctor said - birth weight = 2.83kg (after just 1 week)

4 comments:

lyncpf513 said...

Lynn, dun worry too much. BB will be in good hand. Jaundice is very common in babies. Both my boys had it. My 2nd bb even had it till he is 1 month old...
Take care

LittleLamb said...

ya..dont worry too much. Baby will be fine.

Cynthia said...

Breanna had hers for a month, so it's all right for Ben.. According to my aunt who is a midwives for many many years, it's more common for breastfeeding babies.. and avoid ginger..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Poor Ben. Hope he is fine by now.