24 July 2009

My 28th birthday

On my birthday, it was one day before the eclipse! How bad it is i know.. sigh, that is the reason why we do not have big celebration & im not very happy as well, maybe the eclipse has affected my emotion. I do not know why either.

Early in the morning was all gloomy and dark, many ppl thought it was the day of eclipse! Maybe the universe was just preparing for the eclipse, clean the earth alittle with rain & prepare the human emotion for that yin&yang disappearance. Hubby brought me out to have lunch, we had lobster soup & Tiger prawn! Then we had dinner at my parents place as usual, but we ate mee suah that day & eat the birthday cake for dessert. I've ordered the Caramel Almondine, however it does not taste the same. I'm not really satisfied with my cake this time :( Maybe it's the eclipse! August will be fine i guess..... *smile*

4 comments:

MeRy said...

Happy birthday..

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you.

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Lynn:
Glad that you tried out the lemon cake recipe.
Oo...it turned out to be a bit hard? Hmmm...I also do not know the reason. Maybe I asked my another fren that expert in baking. Get back to you ya!

Sarah's Daddy and Mommy said...

Sorry for my late reply about the lemon cake.

This is what my fren told me:
"This cake is using 'muffin method' that means just mix wet and dry ingredients together, the cake will turn out to be hard if overmix the batter. This is the only reason I can think of.

When mixing the batter, do not stir, instead, use folding method, i.e. fold from bottom to top then use another hand to turn the bowl at the same time."

Hope it helps!