22 August 2013

1st Piano Recital

19 Lessons so far, andrea has progressed incredibly fast! Teacher did a small recital for her. Her little fingers are like kissing the key. After the recital I praised her, it has been really long that she last performed, so i forgive her, piano is the first afterall :)

During my Waldorf Teacher Training class, piano teacher gave andrea a new book "suzuki Piano" which i reluctant to buy. Steiner said children should know many classical songs, it's best that they can play it on their own, it sounds so familiar, hence I ask teacher Tina if Steiner meant suzuki music. Tina said suzuki has evolved for many many years, what we are getting now is not pure, but if suzuki music in KL does not teach theory, it's OK to go ahead for children below 7 (before changing of teeth). In my heart I felt so warm and proud of myself. At least I did something right for my children this time :) hehehe ...

Suzuki Piano cost me RM93, I seriously reluctant to buy, I didn't see the benefit of already completed suzuki violin book1 and now have to do suzuki piano book1. I asked my aunty who is a piano teacher and a piano teacher came to waldorf teacher training. Was trying to convince that piano teacher i saw in waldorf teacher training to teach andrea but she's very full :( guessed have to stick with the old teacher which andrea likes alot. I asked him, he explained to me that he is doing concurrently for andrea to sight read and play nice classical songs (i didn't protest after what teacher tina said). My only worried is that andrea played by ear since 3.5 years old, right now for her to sight read is tough, I'm afraid she would never pick it up, all the songs she played now - play by ear although the notes is in front of her. Teacher play, she got it and play it out without looking at the notes! HUGE gap here :(

Here are the 6 books I have bought for the past 19 lessons. My aunty who is a piano teacher said: "WOW, andrea is really fast!" I said really fast or not no one knows. Aunty said let me test her .. she asked andrea a few question, she got it all right, aunty said she can read the notes lah. I was like .. thats good. She never look at the notes on the book! I shall let go of these negative feelings, let the energy flow, let all the goodness flow to andrea, I do not wish to become the barrier too. All the best. Mummy love you.




No comments: