10 May 2013

Piano Lesson

Andrea started Piano lesson on the beginning of March 2013. So far she is still enjoying it, I'm not sure because she is lazy (no need to find notes) or the interest strike because she always see me play the piano while she played the violin when she was younger. Andrea progress really quickly on her theory (2nd book now), piano skills was alright I guess. The teacher she has is talented as he is good in piano, he teaches her all the fun stuff on my clavinova, I guess this also maintains her interest to practice. Andrea always attract good teachers, her problem is that she never take them seriously (maybe she just want to have fun all the time) and that drives me crazy all the time. I always need to think how to communicate and make her understand, when nobleman sent your way you have to appreciate it, your route to any destination you want, is shorten. Not everyone on earth has this, please realize it and bloom with the speed god wants you to!

This teacher also corrects her violin technique for the last 5-10 min. I have bought her a new Hofner violin from here, cheap and good quality (size 1/4). She loves the sound, she said it's louder and nice :) Brushing and correcting her based on suzuki violin book.

Piano wise, for the 1st month, she doesn't have any piano book. Teacher gave her some technique to practice, it is all written on the note book. Second month onwards she start playing piano pieces (short ones) with both hands. Teacher is happy with her progress. Lets hope she can go for grade one exam next year!

No comments: