19 February 2013

Melbourne 2013

Melbourne was suggested by hubby, as I do not know where else to go. I needed a clean place and also a place with good energy (ppl with respect, conscience and produce healthy food). We went tokyo 3 times and thought it's enough, so where is the next best destination? I have thought for a month and couldn't think of anywhere, when hubby suggested melbourne I was like, huh ... u think nice meh. No seven wonders, what is the REASON to be there? good energy? not that I know of. very clean? I'm not too sure as you know australia is flooded with 170 countries migrant, you think the ang mo culture still remains? arghh ... cannot think of a place to go, you decide la, i told hubby. He then bought tickets and asked me to arrange the rest. ARGH .. for another month only start action booking hotels and tours. 

Honestly, I only booked the hotel 3 weeks before to get the best rate for booking 21 days in advance, booked Grayline tour 4 days before I fly, paid online visa & bus ticket 1 week before we fly. Oh one thing so proud I bought the OVO circus ticket - Cirque de Soleil 1 month before we fly! haha .. that's the only thing excites me. 

So, this trip is not planned properly and I just let it 'flow'. We do whatever we want when we reach there. Surprisingly, there is so much help for tourist, info centre, free trams and tones of tourist booklet - all sorts of booklet and discount vouchers! amazing! Hence, on the 1st day we already know where to go by browsing one of the booklet. 

Day 1: Arrived Westin Melbourne at 10am. Had brunch at brunetti and go to Melbourne Aquarium. Flinders street station. Buy groceries at coles. Dinner hubby brought chinese take away as the kids are exhausted. Time difference = 3hrs. 
Day 2: Grayline tour. Feed parrot - puffing billy - churchill island - koala conservation center - seal rock - Philip island. Left hotel 7.30am, reached hotel 12.15am
Day 3: Breakfast at Star bucks. Buy groceries at Woolworths. Lunch at beths restaurant dockland. OVO circus at 4pm. Dinner at dragon boat, china town (not nice!)
Day 4: Victoria Market and Melbourne Zoo. Had brunch at Melbourne Zoo. Lunch at cumulus restaurant (nice!). Dinner at wagamama. Ice cream at brunetti. 
Day 5: Breakfast at brunetti. On and off we eat at brunetti cos they have nice pastry and it's just outside our hotel. there is a field for the children to run about just infront of brunetti and many birds. Heavenly!

If you ask me. It's a healing trip and I'm glad we went! Thank God for this wonderful trip. Benjamin doesn't want to go home. On the airplane he said he doesn't want to go back KL, he wants to go back to hotel. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.  

Here is a wallaby for you :)





No comments: