04 March 2008

Andrea is signing!

I attended baby sign when andrea is 4 months. My mum and I attended it together & the session was FUN! The instructor thought us everything that we should know. The course comes with a book & DVD (introduction). I bought another 6 series of DVD after 1 week of the course because I think by watching DVD, Andrea could learn faster! Jamie is a certified Baby Sign instructor, she brings this program all the way from the US!

I came to know about baby sign when Andrea was 2 months old. Coincidently the baby sign language booth was there for the week & i've got to know it when i brought andrea for her monthly checkup at DSH. I wasn't too keen back then because i have not heard of anyone attended this course. Later when andrea is about 4 months, a friend of mine mentioned that her daughter is signing, and she mentioned about the advantages of baby sign. Therefore, it encourages me to attend.

Andrea signs at 8 months 2 days! I was so excited to see her sign 'MILK'. It was very fascinating watching her sign & I keep on asking her to sign until she do not want to sign to me anymore after 2 days. Now, after 2 weeks, she sign 'MILK' occasionally when i ask her or when she is drinking milk. At this point of time, 8 months 2 weeks, she can do 'HURRAY' last 3 days! I am anticipating to see more in the next few weeks.

No comments: