20 October 2013

Brain Excellence Award

We received a letter, telling us andrea has got an award! We were shocked! We have been with shichida since 1 yr old and this is the first! Anyway this is a great milestone for andrea, although we were slow but at least we got there! haha ... It's so good to see jocelyn khoo again, she gave me so much insight on parenting, especially the prenatal class when i had ben, all the children milestone, I only started to appreciate it after I've attended waldorf teacher training, those are really useful if you know the meaning behind it. I had so much gratitude during that event. 

Jocelyn khoo made me cry when she said, this award is actually for the parents, I know how hard you parents work and love your child to achieve this. Hubby and I, tried our best to practice linking memory with them, as they are still young, asking them to do on their own is impossible, you know what? both of us memorize it first then we play games, one person recite one or we recite all and see who can recite the fastest! These moments are very precious, boding time and working hard time. During class time, how my kids listen to my instruction and did well makes me happy. Many parents just sit in and watch the kids. Usually for andrea, i would suggest her how to do fast or how to tackle something that she cannot master. 

The ceremony held at Lim Foo Yung on a Sunday. There were so many kids inside the room. Ben was feeling angry because 2 of his classmate were on stage and he kept asking me why he cannot go. It's a good opportunity for me to tell him, concentrate in class. hahaa, evil me. I'm not so worried about Ben, I know he can excel when he wants to. Congratulations Andrea :)
6yrs 3months old

No comments: