03 April 2013

Homework Marathon

I was sweating, catching up what andrea missed for year 2 term 1 and 2. Teachers gave me all the workbooks that she needs to catch up, looking at it, makes me wanna puke. Seriously I thought I need more than a month to finish! Prior to that, she only needs to do kumon maths 80-100 question (abt 5min), Kumon word problem (abt 10min). She do extra homework not more than 30 min a day last time. I pray so hard she would not make a fuss cos we have so much to catch up! 

1. arithmetic book4 - started with this, 4 pages a day (completed in 9 homework days). done
2. abacus - surprisingly so easy, took 3 homework days to complete. done
3. science - it took us 2 homework days to complete. done
4. non-fiction - There are 7 chapters to cover (on-going), did 2 chapters in 1 homework day
5. fiction - have not started
6. Mandarin and Malay to catch up

The very good thing is, andrea could cope with the maths (the english are quite tricky but once she got it, she got everything!) and writings (spelling is improving but still needs lots of practice). She has a good memory and photo-memory, I'm not too worried looking at her workbooks and teachers feedback last week was good. She said she can see that andrea is very stable in year 2, at first the teacher told me she hope andrea could catch up on her second day at year 2. I was worried shit. Thank God for the settlement and encouragement you sent to andrea. 

emotional wise, she is quite Ok i guess, she told me what happened in the class and school just like before (in year 1). Homework wise, she is very cooperative, I think we spend at least 2 hours a day to do what we need to do. I always tell myself, if this is the road she choose, she better make it easy for me. The mother seriously do not have much stamina when things don't turn out well. So far, we have covered the important bits, and I feel we are back on track and felt relieved a little :) 


No comments: